Monday, July 30, 2012

Our Writer-Reader Agreement

While I would have much rather placed this agreement of understanding between you (the reader) and me (the writer) in the blog's description, the current Blogger formatting restrictions only allow for a 500 character maximum in that space. And so I must adjust, and kick off this blog with a rather necessary, if somewhat terse, paragraph. Whether a person is paying for a service or, as is the case here, browsing free content voluntarily, I think it's important that expectations and roles are clearly delineated, and that people know what they're getting into. Here goes:


Be advised, Dear Reader: I have an MSW from an accredited institution, so I do have some formal educational background on aspects of the very broad topic of "mental health." However, this is my personal blog, not an academic or professional publication; i.e., the content herein has not been peer-reviewed, fact-checked, or otherwise edited by anyone other than myself. Moreover, the various content of my posts are not intended to represent the views of any other person, thing, or organization. Be advised of this, then, Dear Reader, and note that the onus is on you to take or leave, so to speak, what I write here. You are reading this blog voluntarily, and in so doing, you are neither implicitly nor explicitly being provided professional mental health services. In other words, I am not your therapist, I am not responsible for how you interpret this material, and you hereby release me from any and all liability by continuing to peruse this blog's content. I am writing this blog because I am interested in the topic, I have some things to say about it, and I enjoy writing. 

Ok, that’s more than enough of that for now: I think we understand our writer-reader arrangement. Thanks for visiting the site, folks – enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment